- Find an Accredited Assessor
- Our ratings
- Spaces we rate
- Estimate your rating
- Find a current rating
- After your rating
- NABERS Accelerate
- Commitment Agreements
- Data gallery
Go to top of page
COVID-19 and NABERS Ratings
Managing impacts of COVID-19 on NABERS Ratings
In March 2020, the NABERS National Administrator (NABERS) published the document ‘Managing impacts of COVID-19 on NABERS Ratings’. This document answers questions, provides clarifications and presents time-bound rulings in response to COVID-19-related issues that may be encountered when conducting a NABERS Ratings. Since publication, NABERS has been continually monitoring the situation and has updated this document several time.
The latest version of the document is Version 4.1. Changes made to the document in this version include the following:
- Extended validity of all Rulings in the document to 28th March 2021. This was done to align with the CBD's ruling validity.
- Defined the terms 'Ruling Expiry Date' and 'COVID-19 Affected Period'.
- Clarified the requirements for when alternatives methods for a site visit can be used.
- Clarified that Method 1 (Use of a prior site visit) cannot be used for two consecutive NABERS ratings for the same premises.
- Clarified which Sections require prior written approval from the National Administrator and which Sections do not.
NABERS will continue to monitor the changing circumstances brought on by the spread of COVID-19 and will continue to make changes as is required. When changes are made NABERS will keep historical versions of the Ruling on this website.
If you have any questions, contact NABERS at nabers [at] environment.nsw.gov.au
Here you'll find the latest documents:
Commitment Agreements during COVID-19 - Guidance Document - (651 KB)– released Friday 30 October 2020
- Managing impacts of COVID-19 on NABERS ratings v4.1 - (2 MB)– released Thursday 15 October 2020
- Managing impacts of COVID-19 on NABERS ratings v4.0 - superseded (1.27 MB)– released Tuesday 18 August 2020
- Managing impacts of COVID-19 on NABERS ratings v3.1 (1.16 MB)– released Wednesday 15 July 2020
- Managing impacts of COVID-19 on NABERS ratings v 3.0 - superseded (1.07 MB)– released Wednesday 10 June 2020
- COVID-19 consultation response - superseded (394 KB)– released Thursday 14 May 2020
- Managing impacts of COVID-19 on NABERS rating v 2.0 - superseded (923.12 KB)– released Tuesday 5 May 2020
- Managing impacts of COVID-19 on NABERS ratings v 1.1 - superseded (765.96 KB)– released Thursday 16 April 2020
- Consultation Paper - Managing impacts of COVID-19 on NABERS ratings - editable version - superseded (669.61 KB)– released Thursday 16 April 2020
- Managing impacts of COVID-19 on NABERS ratings v 1.0 - superseded (639.03 KB)– released Wednesday 25th March 2020