NABERS is a national government program administered by the NSW Government (the National Administrator).
Although managed by the NSW Government, the operation of NABERS is overseen by a national Steering Committee comprised of all State and Territory representatives, and the Australian Government. These government members have voting rights within the Committee. For more information about our government members please refer to our annual report.
The NABERS Steering Committee is also made up of non-voting stakeholder members from bodies representing the wide range of NABERS stakeholders.
The 14 current stakeholder members are shown below.
- Aged Care Industry Association (ACIA) - Luke Westenberg, Chief Executive Officer
- Australian Institute of Architects (AIA) - Stefan Preuss, Associate Victorian Government Architect
- Australian Institute of Refrigeration Air Conditioning and Heating (AIRAH) - Bruce Precious, Principal Consultant, Six Capitals Consulting and Vyt Garnys, Managing Director and Principal Consultant, CETEC
- Australian Property Institute (API) - Roger Walker, Planet Ark Power, Customer Experience Manager
- Australian Sustainable Built Environment Council (ASBEC) - Luke Menzel, ASBEC Deputy President
- Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE) - Stephen Hennessy, Technical Advisor and Membership Secretary
- Council of Capital City Lord Mayors (CCCLM) - Melinda Dewsnap, A/Manager, Sustainability Programs, City of Sydney
- Energy Efficiency Council (EEC) - Luke Menzel, Chief Executive Officer
- Facility Management Association of Australia (FMA) - Nicholas Burt, Chief Executive Officer
- Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA) - Sandra Qian, Senior Manager, Policy and Government Relations
- Indoor Air Quality Association Australia (IAQAA) - Jonathan Dalton, Managing Director, Viridis Australasia
- International Building Performance Simulation Association Australasia (IBPSA) - Noni Nuriani, Principal Consultant, Kani Quest Pty Ltd
- Property Council of Australia - Francesca Muskovic, National Policy Manager - Sustainability and Regulatory Affairs
- Strata Community Association (SCA) - Sean McNamara, Sustainability Committee Member and Shaun Brockman, Sustainability Committee Member (alternate)