On 1 July 2021 NABERS will update all NABERS Energy tools to use the latest National Greenhouse Accounts (NGA) Emissions Factors to calculate ratings. This change will ensure that the NABERS Energy tool accurately takes into account the decarbonisation of the grid.
To support building owners in understanding the impact of this change NABERS have released prediction tools so you can see the impact on individual assets from July 1. The tool includes forecasted scenarios estimating the impact on ratings in 2025 and 2030 and can be accessed via the links below.
The NGA factors will be updated every five years with the next update scheduled for 2025. These changes are implemented in a way that does not affect the average rating of the sector at that time.
The NGA Emissions Factors are used to reflect the emissions linked to the different fuel sources used in a building and updating them ensures that NABERS more accurately rewards building performance based on the mix of energy sources it uses today.
These updates have been made in consultation with our Technical Working Group and through our public consultation process.
- Warehouse and Cold Stores prediction calculator v1.0 - released August 2022
- Office v1.3 (Base Building, Whole Building and Tenancy) and reverse calculator - first released 27 April 2021, updated 11 May 2021, updated 8 October 2021, updated on 10 November 2021
- Shopping Centres v1.2 - released 11 May 2021, updated 3 November 2021
- Hotels v1.2 - released 1 June 2021, updated 8 October 2021, updated on 10 November 2021
- Apartment Buildings v1.1 - released 8 June 2021, updated 8 October 2021
- Data Centres v1.1 (IT Equipment, Infrastructure and Whole Building) - released 22 June 2021, updated 8 October 2021
- Residential Aged Care & Retirement Living Co-located v1.5 - released 2 September 2021
Hospitals – NGA factors and benchmarks to be updated later in 2021 alongside the Hospitals Energy and Water review.
Stay up to date
To stay up to date with announcements regarding the release of the prediction tool, please subscribe to our mailing list.
If you have any questions or feedback about the prediction tool please contact us.