- Data gallery
Go to top of page
In this section
NABERS Energy Commitment Agreements allow developers and building owners to promote and market excellent greenhouse performance of new and refurbished commercial office buildings from the outset.
The Commitment Agreement outlines your commitment to design, build and commission the building to a 4, 4.5, 5, 5.5 or 6 star level.
Developers who incorporate greenhouse performance into new buildings benefit from the increased ability to attract and retain tenants who value good environmental performance. Considering energy efficiency from the outset also reduces base building energy costs for the life of a building and this is particularly important in a market with rising energy costs.
Other benefits include:
- Enhanced capital value for buildings with lower energy costs
- Ability to report accredited greenhouse performance levels to fund managers, property trusts, and financial advisers undertaking due diligence assessments prior to purchasing a building.
- Opportunity to communicate and promote your achievements via a Government accredited trademark to employees, customers, shareholders and the community who are increasingly interested in environmental performance.
- Potential to engage your architect, engineer and builder in a design, construct and commission process that places a premium on actual measured performance. An independent third party evaluates the performance of the building after 12 months of data has been collected.
- The confidence that your project will achieve a target level of performance. This is particularly relevant now that the Commercial Building Disclosure Scheme requires mandatory disclosure of the rating.
The Commitment Agreement will help you to engage your architect, engineer and builder in a design, construct and commission process that will increase the efficiency of the building.
Note that a Commitment Agreement is to be calculated using the versions of the rating calculator and the rules that are current when you sign. If you need to get hold of an older version of the calculator or the rules when the time comes to finalise your rating, you can contact nabers [at] environment.nsw.gov.au (NABERS) to get hold of the correct version.
Click here to search for current Commitment Agreements.
Email us at nabers [at] environment.nsw.gov.au (subject: I'd%20like%20to%20know%20more%20about%20NABERS%20Commitment%20Agreements) and we can help you get started.