Managing impacts of COVID-19 on NABERS Ratings
In March 2020, the NABERS National Administrator (NABERS) published the document ‘Managing impacts of COVID-19 on NABERS Ratings’. This document answers questions, provides clarifications and presents time-bound rulings in response to COVID-19-related issues that may be encountered when conducting a NABERS Ratings. Since publication, this document has been updated periodically as the situation has evolved.
NABERS will continue to monitor the changing circumstances brought on by the spread of COVID-19 and will continue to make changes as is required. When changes are made NABERS will keep historical versions of the Ruling on this website.
Current version of the Ruling
The latest version of the document is Version 5.0 and changes in this update include:
- The COVID Rulings expiry has been removed, effectively allowing indefinite usage. Ultimately we will rescind the Rulings in the post-pandemic period, however we will work with Assessors to determine an appropriate transition period.
- An order of priority list has been added in Ruling #1, outlining the process for methods in lieu of site visits.
- Further clarification has been provided on Method 3 – Use of conservative inputs.
- Method 5 has been sub-divided into two methods, creating a Method 5a – OTA Hours Minus 5 (existing) and Method 5B – Use of Previous TOS (new).
- Ruling #6 is a new Ruling for the Apartment Buildings sector, providing clarification on treatment of Strata pools and gyms.
The latest version of documents
(released Friday 30 October 2020)
(released Thursday 26 August 2021)
- Managing impacts of COVID-19 on NABERS ratings v4.2 (superseded - released Tuesday 23 March 2021)
- Managing impacts of COVID-19 on NABERS ratings v4.0 (superseded - released Tuesday 18 August 2020)
- COVID-19 Consultation Response (released Thursday 14 May 2020)
- Consultation Paper - Managing Impacts of COVID-19 on NABERS Ratings - editable version (superseded - released Thursday 16 April 2020)
If you have any questions in relation to this COVID-19 and NABERS Ratings update, please contact NABERS at email@example.com.