Energy and water ratings
NABERS Energy and Water for public hospitals rates the efficiency and environmental impact of entire hospital campuses. The ratings are based on actual operational data over a 12-month period.
- NABERS Energy and Water for Hospitals Rules v2.0 (December 2022)
- NABERS Energy and Water - Hospitals Support Document v1.0 (January 2017)
We are currently developing the benchmark and rating system for NABERS Waste for public hospitals. This will allow hospitals to track, assess and rate their waste disposal and recycling processes. Watch this space for more information, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings are conducted by State Health Departments
Unlike other NABERS ratings, NABERS for public hospitals operates through a direct relationship with State Health Departments in partnership with the Australasian Health Infrastructure Alliance (AHIA), rather than via third-party assessors. Ratings are conducted by trained assessors within Health Departments, which are then certified and audited by NABERS.
How do we deliver fair comparisons?
- Type of health facility (Peer group classification
- Occupied bed days and commonwealth-funded aged care bed days
- Number of separations
- State and postcode (for climate corrections)
- Energy and water consumption data