NABERS is pleased to announce the publication of the Shared Services and Facilities Ruling v1.0.
The new Shared Services and Facilities Ruling consolidates the following:
- NABERS Shared Facilities (20 May 2014); and
- NABERS Shared Services for Mixed-Use Buildings (December 2015)
The features of this new Ruling include:
- Clarification on what are Shared Services and Shared Facilities
- Further guidance on the classification and treatment of Shared Facilities, subject to their public access and exclusive use
- Clarification on the measurement standard to apply for building types, including building types with no prescribed measurement standard
- Worked examples on energy use allocation for Shared Services and Shared Facilities
- Referral to other Rules or Rulings where relevant for certain building types
- Guidance on diesel and batch-delivered supplies
The Ruling will come into effect from Monday, 2 May 2022. Ratings lodged on or after this date must comply with the new Ruling.
Note: The Shared Services and Shared Facilities provided in the Ruling are not considered an exhaustive list for which this Ruling applies.
We recognise sites continue to provide unique and unusual scenarios for our Assessors with regards to their energy and water consumption treatment, particularly as developments become larger, more complex and mixed-use. Please contact NABERS if you require further clarification or guidance. Recurring scenarios may be considered in future revisions of the Ruling for further guidance and clarification.
Assessors are also kindly directed to Section 1.3 of the Ruling outlining the avenue to propose an alternative methodology.
NABERS is committed to continuous improvement. We encourage open dialogue and feedback in relation to Rulings across all building types.
If you have any questions regarding the interpretation or application of the new Ruling, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org