We're on a mission to slow down the heating of the planet, minimise water wastage and to decrease the amount of waste sent to landfill. We believe in creating a sustainable world, where buildings positively contribute to the environment.
Be part of something big.
Some key industry achievements over the last two decades:
- AUD $1 billion saved in energy bills over the course of the program
- 7 million tonnes of CO2 emissions saved - enough to power 93,430 homes for 1 year (based on Office Energy ratings only)
- 6 billion litres of water saved
- 78% of Australia's office space rated with NABERS
Office buildings using NABERS to measure their environmental performance have reported:
- an average improvement in emissions of 11.5%
- a 9% increase in water efficiency saving a total of 257,000 tonnes of CO2
- 1,100 megalitres of water every year.
- Plus, NABERS rated buildings have saved over $400million in energy bills since 2010
Getting a NABERS rating has its benefits...
- It helps to attract the right tenants because high performing buildings support high performing business
- Knowledge of how your building performs leads to reduced operating costs, increased market value and rental income, and reduced vacancy rates
- Optimal building operations means reduced emissions, waste to landfill and water wasted
Is NABERS mandatory for my building?
NABERS ratings are legally required for commercial building owners/managers where:
- Spaces within office buildings of 1,000 square metres or more (mandatory disclosure of NABERS Energy Rating at point of sale or lease):
Under the Building Energy Efficiency Disclosure (BEED) Act 2010.
Read more on the Commercial Building Disclosure website.