As the year ends it's time to reflect on NABERS’ highlights for 2018 and look ahead to 2019.
Please note, the NABERS office closes 5pm Friday 21 December 2018 and reopens 9am Monday 7 January 2019.
We hope you have a relaxing break and we look forward to working with you in 2019.
The NABERS team
NABERS' 2018 Highlights
- NABERS turned 20 and celebrated two decades of successful program operation
- The launch of NABERS for Apartment Buildings and certification of 60 buildings
- The launch of NABERS Co-assess and 15 applications including 2 whole building, 11 base building and 30 tenancies
- A new waste rating for base buildings and whole buildings
- A new visual identity and website
- Our most successful conference yet in June with 110 delegates
- A new governance group consisting of Government members and industry stakeholders
- New online training courses for waste, indoor environment and carbon neutral as well as our first ever webinar training
- More than 2000 ratings in total
Plans for 2019
Next year we’ll be working on some exciting new products and services including:
- Working on a Material Recovery Score for the Waste rating and adding further enhancements to the platform
- Expanding the Energy & Water Shopping Centre rating to benchmark for shopping centres less than 15,000 m2
- Preparation for the inclusion of Commitment Agreements as a Verification Method for office buildings into the National Construction Code 2019
- A new online training course for Energy & Water for Shopping Centres