The NABERS Waste whole building rating for offices is now available. This new rating complements the existing NABERS Waste base building rating for offices.
What’s the difference between a base building and whole building Waste rating?
A base building Waste rating measures:
- the core waste streams common to every building (e.g. general waste, mixed recycling, paper and cardboard)
- any specialty waste streams provided by the building management (e.g. food waste and soft plastics)
A whole building Waste rating measures:
- day-to-day waste produced in the building including different waste streams managed by tenants (e.g. secure paper bins and excess catering donated to charity).
What’s the benefit of getting a Waste rating?
A Waste rating helps you:
- track and report improvements in recycling
- compare your performance to similar buildings