The NABERS Energy and Water for Offices Rules are used by Assessors to rate the energy and water performance of office buildings.
NABERS ratings must be performed by a NABERS Accredited Assessor and comply with the quality standard set in the principles and rules for gathering, interpreting and using data.
The latest version of the Energy and Water for Offices Rules is Version 4.1
A minor update to the Metering and Consumption Rules was released on the 1 August 2021. As changes are non-technical, a short transition period has been implemented during which Assessors may use:
- The Rules – Metering and Consumption v1.2, or
- The Rules – Metering and Consumption v1.3.
The transition period ends on 30 August 2021, after which only The Rules – Metering and Consumption v1.3 may be used.
For more information, see the Metering and Consumption Rules.
- The Rules – Energy and Water for Offices v4.1 (August 2020)
- The Rules – Metering and Consumption
- The Rules - Thermal Energy Systems
NABERS Rulings & Clarifications
- Ruling - Allocation of Energy and Water used by Water Treatment Plants
- Ruling - Exclusion of Data Centres in Office Ratings
- Ruling - On-site Renewable Electricity Generation Systems
- Ruling - Portfolio NABERS Ratings
- Ruling - Revised method for calculating average NABERS rating for publication
- Ruling - Shared Services and Facilities
- Ruling - Supplementary Air Conditioning in Meeting and Computer Server Rooms
- Technical Clarification - Rating Centrelink Customer Service Areas
- New NABERS Rules to Recognise Cogeneration and Trigeneration Systems
- Interim Cogeneration and Trigeneration Methodology