- Find an Accredited Assessor
- Our ratings
- Spaces we rate
- Estimate your rating
- Find a current rating
- After your rating
- NABERS Accelerate
- Commitment Agreements
- Data gallery
Go to top of page
NABERS Energy and Water for Offices Rules
22 December 2020
The NABERS Energy and Water for Offices Rules are used by Assessors to rate the energy and water performance of office buildings.
NABERS ratings must be performed by a NABERS Accredited Assessor and comply with the quality standard set in the principles and rules for gathering, interpreting and using data.
The latest versions of the Rules are:
- Version 4.1 of the NABERS Energy and Water for Offices Rules; and
- Version 1.2 Metering and Consumption Rules.
A transition period for the NABERS Metering and Consumption Rules applies starting from 22 December 2020, during which office energy and water ratings could follow either:
- NABERS Energy & Water for Offices Rules (v4.1) and NABERS Metering & Consumption Rules (v1.1); or
- NABERS Energy & Water for Offices Rules (v4.1) and NABERS Metering & Consumption Rules (v1.2).
This transition period will last until late February 2021 and is tied to the release of NABERS Perform. Further details on the end of the transition period will be sent to all assessors in February 2021.
Rating applications submitted as part of a commitment agreement are exempt from this requirement.
If you have any questions regarding the transition period, please contact nabers [at] environment.nsw.gov.au (subject: NABERS%20%7C%20Office%20Rules%20%7C%20Transition%20period%20query) .
- The Rules – Energy and Water for Offices v4.1 August 2020 (2.22 MB)
- The Rules – Metering and Consumption v1.2 December 2020 (1.52 MB)
NABERS Rulings & Clarifications
- Ruling - Addendum to Validation Protocol for Thermal Energy Exclusions - Condenser Water Use.pdf (78.95 KB)
- Ruling - Allocation of Energy and Water used by Water Treatment Plants.pdf (231.18 KB)
- Ruling - Exclusion of Data Centres in Office Ratings.pdf (177.43 KB)
- Ruling - On-site Renewable Electricity Generation Systems
- Ruling - Portfolio NABERS Ratings.pdf (30.39 KB)
- Ruling - Revised method for calculating average NABERS rating for publication.pdf (30.31 KB)
- Ruling - Shared Services for Mixed-Use Buildings.pdf (226.21 KB)
- Ruling - Shared Facilities.pdf (183.58 KB)
- Ruling - Supplementary Air Conditioning in Meeting and Computer Server Rooms.pdf (153.84 KB)
- Technical Clarification - Rating Centrelink Customer Service Areas.pdf (638.21 KB)
- Validations for Thermal Energy Exclusions V2.0.pdf (153.87 KB)
- New NABERS Rules to Recognise Cogeneration and Trigeneration Systems.pdf (338.31 KB)
- Interim Cogeneration and Trigeneration Methodology.pdf (342.2 KB)
- Rules Update Guide - Shopping Centres v4.0 and Metering and Consumption v1.2 December 2020 (831 KB)
- Energy and Water for Office Ratings Assessor Pack August 2020.zip (3.76 MB)
- Rules Update Guide - Energy and Water for Office Ratings August 2020 (463.87 KB)
- Example Validation Records August 2020.docx (29.75 KB)
Ruling - Addendum to Validation Protocol for Thermal Energy Exclusions - Condenser Water Use.pdf (78.95 KB)
Ruling - Portfolio NABERS Ratings.pdf (30.39 KB)
Ruling - Shared Facilities.pdf (183.58 KB)
nabers_example_validation_records.docx (29.75 KB)