This NABERS Metering and Consumption Rules is a standalone Rule document that covers the topics of energy & water metering systems and the treatment of consumption data from these systems.
- Defining the difference between Utility Metering systems and Non-utility Metering systems.
- Treatment of metering consumption data from both types of systems.
- Validation of Non-utility Metering systems.
- Small end use estimation.
- Treatment of batch supplied energy and water sources.
As per the new NABERS document structure, these Rules are to read in conjunction with sector specific Rules. The NABERS Metering and Consumption Rules currently compliments the following sector specific Rules:
- Energy & Water for Office Buildings Rules
- Energy & Water for Shopping Centre Rules
- Energy & Water for Residential Aged Care & Retirement Living Rules
As the Energy & Water Rules for other existing and new sectors are developed or updated, they will also reference the Metering and Consumption Rules.
Assessors should regularly review the contents of this page for future updates.